By now you’ve problably developed a Facebook fan page for your company and would like to attempt at putting an ad on Facebook.
Sounds easy, right? Literally, it’s not. Face it–people don’t go on Facebook to purchase stuff. They go there to socialize with their friends. So when you are actually producing an advertisment for Facebook, keep in mind that you are actually competing with more things that your target audience finds interesting. So exactly how do you do it so you make sure your ad stands out?
Here are some tips to keep in mind when developing an advertisement for Facebook:
1. Keep it little as well as basic. A normal ad on Facebook has copy that is actually fewer than 135 characters. Your goal is to catch their attention by going straight to the point or pairing the image by having a witty tagline. One hair salon that designed an advert for Facebook learned that creating an edgy as well as irreverent ad raised its clients by way of 20 percent.
2. Make your ad stand out. You can do this with a catchy tagline AS WELL AS a great photoor image. What’s been said for years is true: “An image or picture communicates a thousand words.” Use a pictureor image that makes them take a second look as well as mottivate individuals clicking the “Like” switch. Be careful, nevertheless, with images that border on risque or lewd when producing an advertisement for Facebook or your ad may be declined.
3. Ask a question. You can get your prospect or customer interested and curious in your service or product by starting a discussion. Numerous companies that are promoting themselves on Facebook have gotten a more desirable response by initiating a discussion by using a thought proboking question.
4. Narrow it down. The aamzing facts is that Facebook receives more than 500 million registered individuals. How to reach and market to all of them is an art. The good news is actually that you can easily target the audience by their interests. This will certainly make the sign ups more effective. For example, if you ‘re developing a new espresso coffee shop, you might intentionally target individuals who live within the location where your coffee shop is. You can also attrach individuals who have expressed interest in espresso or other coffee shop companies.
5. Know your viewers. Whether you ‘re placing a regular ad offline or a Facebook ad, it always pays to do plenty of testing of who your prospects are.. For example, one restaurant chain placed 2 ads on Facebook– one reaching out to women only and the other ad that attracted both sexes. The advertiser learn that targeting females permitted them to get 1,000 new fans in 14 days..
Now that you know a more about developing an ad for Facebook, you ‘re equipped to make the primary ad. If you have actually executed typical marketing in the past, some of the know how that you have of traditional offline marketing with you may not be applicable to Facebook marketing. So it always a good idea to test the ads. If the ads do not get a plenty of “likes,” don’t feel upset or discouraged the majority of advertiser do not get it just right on their first ad. What is actually necessary is that you learn from your mistakes from the first ad and apply the new found information to the second ad strengthen your advertising strategy.
The bottom line is that applied knowledge is power and with millions of people waiting to see what you have to offer on Facebook , your return on investment (ROI) will pleasantly surprise you.